The 2019 Membership Drive of the Friends of the Newburyport Council on Aging is underway.
Thank you all for your participation as a current member, a welcome for new members and for your ongoing support of the mission of the Friends “to advocate for and to address the needs of seniors by raising and expending funds in conjunction with the Newburyport Council on Aging and the Community”.
Your participation as a Friend continues to be so important at this time! It has been 3 years since the community opened the doors to our beautiful Center and it is a vibrant and active site for both senior programs and community programs. It is a Center that all of us can be proud of. During these first 3 years, we have seen the benefits of being able to offer the range of programs for the seniors all in one facility with ample parking and access, as well as the convenience of being able to participate in multiple programs during any one visit.
The key benefits of being a Friend is the satisfaction in being able to provide financial support to seniors. Funds have been expended to support the following
- Transportation costs of the “Brown Bag” program
- Additional recreation and safety equipment
- Sponsoring the Summer Cookout and entertainment programs
- Providing the Newburyport Daily News for readers at the Center
- Funding the “Volunteer Recognition Event”
- Monthly drawing of a $25 gift certificate to Market Basket for a lucky member
- Augmenting City funds for the purchase of a new Van
- Financial support for new educational, health, and fun programs
The membership period is from January 1st to December 31st, 2019. There are 2 types for regular members. Individual for $10 and Family for $20. The membership drive also provides an opportunity for added donations and memorials for loved ones. We urge you to renew or become a new member.
Enter your contact information on the form found by clicking here. Return the form with your payment to FONCOA, 331 High St. Newburyport MA 01950.